Pages

Friday, October 11, 2013

Baking With Kids

We baked! Now those aren't words you hear from my mouth very often. (I wrote this post a while before posting and we've baked several times since, much to my husbands delight!)


It has been so long since I last baked. I'd convinced myself it would be difficult especially with a preschooler keen to do most of the work herself. But it wasn't. It was easy and enjoyable.

We made these yummy scrolls using Lessons Learnt Journal's two ingredient bread as a base and Just for Daisy's recipe for cheesy scrolls from only four ingredientsWe didn't need anything that we didn't have on hand.


Miss Pea enjoyed practicing her baking skills so much that I'm on the look out for more simple recipes we can make together.



I've started compiling a list of recipes we'd like to try:

Danya Banya Cookie letters (great for play!)

My Little Bookcase Anzac Biscuits

Be a Fun Mum A Baking Experiment

Learn With Play at Home Easy Cookie Recipe


The Craft Train Cake Decorating

Just For Daisy Banana Bread

Happy Whimsical hearts No Bake Energy bites


My little bookcase Children's cookbooks


Have you baked with your kids lately?

Are you following my Kids Food board on Pinterest?

20 comments:

  1. They look yummy.
    We haven't tried scrolls yet, we usually do gingerbread men, muffins or cake pops. Might give this a go on the weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look fabulous Hannah - this recipe saves me ALL the time with a quick homemade pizza or cheesymite scroll... or spinach straight from the garden with cheese! Yummy!!
    Sweet Pea looks like she really enjoyed it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! we love cheesymite rolls! They look delicous. We're huge bakers here :) Baking most days. Those scrolls look seriously delicious. What a yummy snack. Hope you enjoy the macaroons :) They never last long here. Have you tried Digestible Kitchen's no-flour brownies? Soooooo good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't. Will have to give them a go. I'm really looking forward to trying the macaroons. Will let you know when we do :)

      Delete
  4. Looks so good!! Just look at that beautiful smile too :). This recipe is amazing huh? You'd think no way 2 ingredients would work - but it does! Those heesymites rolls would be devoured in a flash at our home. Drool . . . (PS Thanks for the mention.) xoxo P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries. This is my new favorite recipe and I don't have to look it up. A tad difficult to forget two ingredients.

      Delete
  5. Oh, those pictures look inspiring! We'll have to check out the recipes and make some. My little one is OBSESSED with vegemite yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine son is too. My daughter on the other hand doesn't like vegemite but doesn't seem to mind it on these :)

      Delete
  6. Oh yum! these will be a perfect afternoon tea snack this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so easy to throw together Ness!

      Delete
  7. Yum! Thank you for sharing. I'm off to go look at your pinterest board :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I could pin kids food all day :)

      Delete
  8. Wow those look soooo yummy! I also give myself an excuse not to do "complicated cooking" as I like to think of it LOL. If it gets more than 1 dish dirty in the process then it's only a "sometimes" dish for me hehe. These look soooo good though I may just have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Nothing I hate more than doing dishes so I like to keep bowls etc to a minimum.

      Delete
  9. These look delicious! We have made bread, but not rolls. We need to try to bake some. I have pinned this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning. They really are great :)

      Delete
  10. Oh wow! These look so delicious and great for children to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! I think the key to cooking with children is never having a tight time frame to work within and understanding that things will take a bit longer and be a bit messier, but that it's fine! It really is such a great experience to have with your kids. Thanks for all the yummy recipe ideas, Pinned!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...