Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Duster Name Painting

Some time ago, we were in a bargain shop when Priya picked up a duster from the cleaning isle and proceeded to 'paint' the shop with it. Onlookers were entertained by her imaginative play and I was inspired to experiment.

Sadly, the duster was forgotten until last week on a rainy and miserable day. We sat together while I cut out the letters of her name and talked about them. We used blue tack to hold the letters in place and create a kind of stencil or resist for the paint.

I painted a thin layer of paint onto a tray and showed Priya how to brush the paint with the duster and gently 'dust' the paint onto the paper. This part of the activity was very tactile and everything within reach got painted including her face!



As always, her hands made it into the paint as well. Lastly, we removed the cardboard together.  The end result was great and went straight to the fridge.


7 comments:

  1. Very creative! I love this unique way of painting! Looks like so much fun and so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. The end result is beautiful too. I started another link party if you want to join it today/tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to do resist art, I especially lve the handprint! Thanks for linking to Monday Madness, I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her lil' handprint too. That was a happy accident :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you linked up to Monday Madness. I always love everything you do!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...