Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fruit and Vegetable Prints

Feeling inspired by Homemade Serenity's celery stamps, I decided to try some fruit and vegetable prints this morning. I had a celery stalk and decided we could afford to sacrifice an apple. We enjoyed printing so much my brain is spinning thinking about all the other foods we could print with. I think a cabbage stalk would work and perhaps some broccoli too?


My favorite part of making prints together is seeing the result when the print is revealed. Priya likes to smear the paint with her fingers when we are done and I don't stop her.  I feel that it's better to let her explore rather that get upset that the prints aren't perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! And yes, broccoli works a treat! we printed with it a few months back and it looks exactly like a tree silhouette- perfect! i also did pepper printing a lot while teaching art. Must try it soon with my own two! THanks for linking up today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm looking forward to trying broccoli now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful. I love the two colors you used as well. I need to try this soon. Thanks for sharing at art 4 little hands. Hope to see you again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...