Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Toilet brush painting

The first thing I thought when I saw Priya running down the $2 shop isle with this object was, 'Who on earth would buy that?' Three minutes later I was purchasing a bran-spanking-new toilet brush. At least I think it's a toilet brush.





This was a wonderful tactile object to paint with. I expected to see more little square prints but the artist was doing a wonderful job and I didn't want to influence her by having a turn.


*On second thought, it could be for washing dishes... Whatever it was supposed to be, it's a paintbrush now!

9 comments:

  1. Haha, The best art comes from nontraditional objects in my experience. Looks like fun =]
    Angelyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful! I love it. Looks like she really enjoyed it. Good job thinking outside the box. Thanks for linking up to my party. I am now following your blog! I can't wait to see what other things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hihi, this is great! :) what kind of technik! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness this is wonderful! What a creative idea! I'd LOVE for you to stop over and link this up to It's Playtime this week!

    Jamie @ hands on : as we grow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I love how it gives texture to painting, and how it is another new way of discovering the world around you. I found you on Art for Little Hands and I can't wait to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your kind comments everyone. I'm away at the moment so I'm sorry if I take a little time to reply to each of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful, textural, sensory, creative experience for your little one! Thank you so much for sharing it on the It's Playtime link up. And I'm thrilled to find another fabulous Australian blog to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job i've been thinking of trying a fly swatter out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! i love painting with nontraditional items! whisks, body scrubbers, toy trucks, and animals! fun fun fun! i'm a new follower of yours. have your blog in my sidebar so i can see when you update. come say hi if you get a chance. andie @ http://paintontheceiling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...